Mrs. McCain's Class
Welcome to 1st grade with Mrs. McCain!
The following is important information about our remote learning:
Remote learning this fall will include more synchronous (live/teacher-led) instruction during standard school day hours. This means, to the extent possible, student schedules will mirror what they would in a brick and mortar classroom. Teachers will guide students through lessons, activities, assignments, and group work during portions of the day similar to how they would in the physical classroom.
MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY AND FRIDAY Full day, mostly synchronous learning
• Provides daily, district-wide predictability for teachers, students, and families
• Includes 45-60 minutes each day for an individual or small group instruction, intervention, acceleration and/or enrichment
• Prioritizes time for literacy and math instruction
• Includes daily time for outdoor activity
• Gives all students 45 minutes of specials
• Morning and afternoon meetings will be an opportunity for application or reinforcement of social-emotional learning skills
WEDNESDAY Asynchronous learning for all with students logging on to complete work assigned to them by their teacher/s. Targeted instruction and additional support will be provided for specific students (in-person and/or virtual).
Teacher Office Hours: Teachers at all levels will have office hours where students can reach them for additional support via platforms such as Google Meet and Zoom.
Teacher Planning: As always, teachers will use Wednesday afternoon early release time for professional learning and collaborative planning.
Attendance and Grading
Grading will be similar to what students experience in a traditional learning environment. Additional details on grading protocols and processes for reporting progress will be shared soon.
Attendance will be taken and recorded daily. Students will be considered in attendance when they are online and attending a synchronous period of instruction, according to their schedule. Parents will continue to call their school’s attendance line to excuse absences as appropriate when the student will not be attending synchronous learning and/or attending a Learning Pod. Further information about attendance expectations and procedures is forthcoming.